Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Cottage Arts Swap Group

Wow! It has been a while hasn't it? :( This year has already been so busy it's been hard to keep up with everything, so a few things have to be put on the back burner. I guess my blog is one of those things.

I did want to let you all know that I have started a Cottage Arts Swap Group. It will only be open to 50 members at this time to keep it small and personal so that you can get to know the other members. We will also hold our members to high standards when it comes to the swaps, as well as their conduct. We will be doing this because, how many times have you been in a swap and put your heart and soul into it and listened to what your swap partner wanted and then been utterly disappointed in what you received from your partner? We have all been there. I myself have been in over 20 swaps and have only been really proud of what I received a handful of times. It's not that I don't appreciate what I got. That's not it. I just felt that either my partner didn't listen to my likes and dislikes, didn't put into it what I did or just sent a bunch of stuff bought at the store or found around the house.

So, I decided to start a group for those of us who believe in putting our heart and soul into swaps and sending things that are vintage or handmade or supplies or things that we really want. Not that it's not great to receive something that is different from what you normally would like, think outside of the box, but it's just nice to have someone listen to you as well.

So, if you would like to join the group, then sign up. You will need to send up pics of things you have sent in swaps or send us a link to pics of items you sent to be allowed in the group. But wouldn't you rather be wowed by your swap partner than disappointed?

No comments: