Monday, May 11, 2015

My Sonia Kashuk Haul and Review!!





        I know it has been a long while since I posted about Sonia Kashuk being on sale at Target a while back, for that matter it's been forever since I've even posted anything at all. I'll tell you more about why later on, but for now, I promised to show off my hauls so that's what I'm going to do.

        So everyone seems to rave about the Sonia Kashuk Palettes, but the Matte one in particular. I just didn't feel that I needed more neutral palettes and especially for $20 a pop. But when Target had them for buy 2 or more get 20% off, I thought, "why the hell not". So I got a total of 6 palettes, but one was a second matte palette for a friend so hence why only 5 palettes shown. Of course I used Ebates, purchased online and used my Target Red Card for more than just the 20% off as well as free shipping, but I'm sure that you all are tired of hearing about how I save money by now. lol I also found a way to get a little extra off of my orders. If it is an item that is available for a subscription, then by all means sign up for the subscription and get your additional 5% off. Once you recieve your item/s just go in and cancel them if you don't really want them. I know it's cheating, but it works to save a little more money.

        So enough about money saving and on to my Sonia Kashuk Haul. Here is what I got:








        1. Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Palette "Eye On Neutral Shimmer 3"
        2. Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Palette "Eye On Neutral Matte"
        3. Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad "Shimmering Sands" 16
        4. Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad "Showstoppers" 01
        5. Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad "Fair And Square" 44

        If you have noticed, I have not even opened 3 & 5. Why? You ask. Because I'm so very unimpressed with the other 3 that I have opened. The colors are not very pigmented. What color you can get blends easily, but it fades quickly and most of the colors look the same once applied. The #4 quad shadows are so dry they won't even stick, all you get is the glitter that gets everywhere because it's so dry. If you would like some swatches I will be more than happy to do so for you, but honestly unless you want them it's totally not even worth my time. I might add them at a later date, but these are in the bin of items I regret buying. And yes, I did use a good primer before I used them. I just don't see what all the hype is. For the same amount of money, I would suggest a couple Wet N Wild or NYX palettes that are cheaper. Of course I feel that Wet N Wild is totally underrated anyway.

        I would totally love to hear your opinions on these palettes. Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong and you could enlighten me, please feel free to do so. And for any of you who feel the way I do about these palettes, please let me know that I'm not the only one!!!

        So I should have several other high end as well as drugstore hauls this week, I sort of went a little crazy last month just don't tell my hubby. lol But for the deals I got, I just couldn't pass it up. Maybe I'll get around to doing a makeup collection video or post so you can see how just how makeup crazy I am. lol I also have quite the nail polish collection, I think over 300 bottles now. But I have been collecting for many years. I believe I even have some from high school, but don't tell anyone. :) So keep watching and don't forget to sign up for my blog posts or connect with me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I'll leave links below, so you don't miss anything. I'll tell you about one site in particular where you can get high end items at a fraction of the cost. You won't want to miss that!!!

        For now I will sign off so I can go upstairs and get something to eat since it's like after 3pm and I haven't eaten yet today. I'm so bad about that when I have so much to do and so little time to get it all done in. Huge Hugs and Blessings to All!!

        Jewel ;o)

        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShabbyBoutique
        Instagram: https://instagram.com/jewelsimonson/
        FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/shabbyboutique
        Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/shabbyboutique/










No comments: