Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"In the Kitchen Tips" Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Every Time



        After years of making hard boiled eggs I finally came up with a full proof way of getting them perfect every time. The secret you ask......your tea kettle/pot. Here's how:

        Place cold eggs to be hard boiled in your tea kettle/pot then fill to about 1" above them with cold water. Place them on a cold burner and turn heat to medium high. I have a glass top stove where the burners go to a setting of 9 as the highest and I put it on 7. Place lid on tea kettle/pot and cook until it whistles. When it starts whistling remove lid and continue to boil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes leave kettle on burner, but turn burner off and let them set for another 5 minutes. Next place the kettle in the sink and let cold water run over them for another 5 minutes. Then viola they are done and should be perfectly hard boiled. It may take a little tweaking as we all know that all cookware and stoves are different, but it should be pretty close.

        From here you can use them right away as they should be cooled off enough to handle or you can put them in the fridge for later. Either way this method also helps them peel easier as the quick cooling helps pull the egg away from the shell and membranes.

        Just for this reason my tea kettle/pot is in my top 5 favorite cooking gadgets I couldn't live without. I use it more for hard boiled eggs than I ever have tea. :) Please tell me what your favorite cooking gadgets are or gadgets that you use for other things than their intended purpose. I'm always interested in learning new things and hearing your ideas. And if you try this method, please let me know how it worked for you or what you do to get the perfect hard boiled egg. All feedback is welcome but as always remember only family friendly comments will be posted. Let's keep it clean. :) Huge Hugs and Blessings to You All!!...

        Sincerely,
        Your Friend Always,
        Jewel S.

No comments: